Several users have reported a problem in which various media, including video, music and podcasts cannot be added to the iTunes library under various versions of Windows.
In some cases this issue can be resolved by recreating your iTunes media library. This can be accomplished via the following process:
- Quit iTunes if it is open
- Navigate to the following directory: \Documents and
Settings\username\My Documents\My Music\
- Open the iTunes folder
- Remove the following files: iTunes Music Library.xml and iTunes Library.itl. Put them in another location on your hard drive for safe-keeping.
- Launch iTunes and navigate to the “File” menu then select “Import.” Find the file iTunes Music Library.xml from the previous step and click “Choose.”
- Failing the above, quit iTunes and navigate to \Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\My Music\ and delete all files in the “iTunes” folder. Next, launch iTunes again and re-select “Import” from the “File” menu. Locate and re-import all of your music and other media.